Here are our carefully chosen, very favorite resources. They have been soothing balm to our aching hearts in the last several years.
- “I Will Carry You” by Angie Smith – Carrying a baby with health problems, trusting God in the midst, trusting God after loss.
- “A Grief Observed” by C.S. Lewis– Short and honest. Helpful in giving freedom to many feelings we have as we grieve.
- “Holding onto Hope” by Nancy Guthrie– This is a great book that follows the story of Job in the bible, yet it is so practical and easy to read. I like the way it is divided into short chapters on different topics. We were blessed to meet Nancy and her husband David at a Respite Retreat that they hosted in TN. Find out more here: http://www.nancyguthrie.com/
- “The One Year Book of Hope” by Nancy Guthrie– This is a daily devotional that is topical by week for the year. So encouraging, challenging, and truth-telling.
- “Celebrating Pregnancy Again” by Franchesca Cox– This is a short, practical book that helps dispel fears, validates the myriad of feeling you may have, and gives practical tips for bonding with your next baby during pregnancy.
- “Permission to Mourn” by Tom Zuba
- “Walking with God Through Pain and Suffering” by Timothy Keller
- “Still” by Tiffany Nardoni– This is a beautiful memoir written by my dear friend.
Blogs & Websites
- Scribbles and Crumbs– This mama is near to my heart. She writes in such encouraging and touching ways, and glorifies God in the midst.
- Hopemommies.org– Tons of excellent resources from Hope Mommies. So scriptural and pointing back to the truth. They also have a yearly retreat in TX.
- Griefshare.org– Sign up for the daily email encouragement. There are also support groups that meet at churches across the country.
- Through the Lens Podcast – This is a great resource by two moms that I know well.
- Laurel Box – This is an excellent online store for bereavement gifts.